Divya Jyoti Sevashram is a non-profit organisation which was founded in the year 1960. Today, it is India’s leading independent child rights NGO. As of March 2008, we work in all district in Odisha. Started in 2009-2010 in Odisha and registered as ‘Divya Jyoti Sevashram. we have changed the lives of more than 500 children till date. In the year 2020, we reached 1000 children. We believe that every child deserves the best chance for a bright future and that’s why we are fiercely committed towards ensuring that children not only survive but thrive. We run programmes in the remotest corners of Odisha and urban areas to provide quality education and healthcare, protection from harm and abuse and life-saving aid during emergencies to children. Divya Jyoti Sevashram is present in more than 20 districts and works to improve the lives of the most vulnerable children living there.
Every child deserves the best chance for a bright future. And that’s why we are fiercely committed to ensuring children not only survive but thrive. Bold in our ambition and powerful in our care, we do whatever it takes to save the children.
In Odisha and around the cities, Divya Jyoti Sevashram is on the ground – every day and in times of crisis. Our pioneering programmes address children’s unique needs, giving them a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We are outspoken champions for children, ensuring their voices are heard and their issues are given top priority. Drawing on a century of leading expertise, we take on the toughest challenges facing the hardest-to-reach children – especially those unfairly excluded from the world’s progress.
We are proud to be the world’s leading expert on children, delivering lasting results for millions of vulnerable girls and boys. By saving the world’s children, we transform their lives and the future we share.
Experience in leading Divya Jyoti Sevashram ( 42 Years – Both official & non- official)
- Trainer and training module developer.
- Associated with livelihoods learning programs organized by Govt. of Odisha.
- Inducted/ oriented/ mentored social work professionals.
- Practitioner of participatory processes – applied/fine-tuned and practiced in a variety of contexts.
- Pioneered/been part of evolution of processes of significance/consequence to development sector.
- Led NGO Assessment and Development Partner Selection Processes for various projects/tasks.
- Outreach of influence to more than 5000 families.
- Contributed towards professionalizing development practice domain.